If you or someone close to you has committed a crime and are in need of a Criminal Defense Attorney then you have come to the right place. Criminal Defense Attorney Mr. John L. Michels has spent over two decades successfully defending clients accused of all criminal matters, ranging from misdemeanors to murder. If you use Attorney Michels and his team you will be getting representation from the best Criminal Defense Attorney in Riverside County. They are willing to take on any case you present and fight to win your case.
Call: (951) 309-7500
Criminal Defense Help 24/7 in Riverside County
If you have been charged in the commission of a crime then it is crucial to obtain legal representation. Identity theft is a serious crime and it’s easy for one to get caught up in the moment and make a poor decision. Don’t let these charges destroy your life or someone you love. Obtaining an experienced lawyer who has decades of experience dealing with Identity Theft Criminal Defense is crucial. Contact Riverside Criminal Defense Attorney John L. Michels and he will fight to get the charges reduced or even dropped. If the prosecution has a strong case, we will fight for probation and no jail time. Read our reviews and you’ll see the amazing work we have accomplished. Other theft crimes we defend are:
- Petty Theft – Usually referring to small value crimes such as taking small amounts of cash from someone without their permission
- Shoplifting – Taking items from a shop intentionally without paying for it.
- Bribery – Making someone else do something in your favour by giving them money, possessions or using sensitive information against them.
- Burglary – This involves entering someone else’s home or business and taking property that is not yours.
- Car Theft – Stealing a car that does not belong to you.
- Counterfeiting – Someone with the intention to copy something authentic and destroy or steal the original. Leaving the counterfeit item in its place, with the intent to deceive people into thinking it is the real thing.
- Grand Theft – When items about $950 are taken from another person.
- Mortgage Fraud – When an individual or company deceives the mortgage company with the intention of gaining extra borrowing leverage on their mortgage amount.
- Bank Robbery – Stealing money from the bank.
- Armed Robbery – Committing robbery with a weapon.
If you have been charged with any theft related crime contact award winning Criminal Defense Attorney John L. Michels for a free consultation.
Other Theft Crimes
If you have been charged with a white collar crime contact Attorney John L Michels for a confidential and free consultation. White collar crime typically refers to a crime that is nonviolent and financially motivated and is usually committed by a business professional. If you are convicted the consequences can be severe including long prison sentences depending on the amount of the alleged theft. Attorney John L. Michels and his team are highly experienced in helping clients negotiate and litigate serious white collar fraud cases. White collar crimes include:
- Bank Fraud – This is where you have illegally obtained money, property or other assets by posing as a bank or finance professional.
- Welfare Fraud – When you use the state welfare system without disclosing or giving false information to gain funds illegally.
- Embezzlement – This occurs when somebody who is managing someone else’s estate or money takes funds out of the pot for their own personal gain.
- Money Laundering – This is when large amounts of money from an illegal source of income, usually from drug trafficking, is ‘laundered’ into an existing business to make the money look legitimate.
- Tax Fraud – When an individual or corporation gives false information on their tax returns.
- Tax Evasion – A type of tax fraud when an individual or cooperation knowingly doesn’t pay tax.
- Forgery – This is the action of forging legal documents, bank notes or a signature of someone else.
- Theft by Fraud – This is when an individual is acting dishonestly to gain from another party illegally.
- Worker’s Compensation Fraud – This can cover a couple of crimes, if you are an employer and misclassify an employee to avoid having to pay workers compensation insurance it falls under this category. If you are an employee and fake an injury or illness to gain compensation money.
- Ponzi Schemes – A scheme that takes funds from new investors and pays the profits to old investors, this then leads investors to believe that the profits are coming from sales and not other investors, usually resulting in them investing more money.
If you have been charged with any of the above or any other white collar crime then contact the Law Offices of John L. Michels today.
Another theft crime we have not mentioned yet is credit card fraud, If you are being charged with this then John L Michels is the credit card fraud defense lawyer you need by your side fighting your case. Credit card theft is when you use a credit card that is not registered to you.
Theft crimes are extremely serious and can come with a hefty sentence if convicted. This is why it is important to retain the services of a skilled and knowledgeable Criminal Defense Lawyer. John L Michels has nearly 25 years of criminal law experience. Being a former prosecutor he knows how the DA’s Office handles its cases and uses this knowledge to help you.
Riverside Criminal Defense Attorney John L. Michels regularly represents clients in the following locations:
- Riverside Courthouse
- Temecula Courthouse
- Murrieta Courthouse
- Banning Courthouse
- Indio Courthouse
For immediate help, please call Theft Crime Attorney John L. Michels at (951) 309-7500 today.